Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it posible to integrate a project of Wave with another project?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it posible to integrate a project of Wave with another project?

Hello.

I am starting with Wave Engine. I have made a project in Vb.net with many classes. I would like to use this classes in a project of wave. Can I make an empty solution of Visual Studio with the proyect of Visual Basic and the proyect of Wave? I have tried to do this but i can't to reference the Vb project in Wave. I write "using (name of Vb project);" and de error message is "Using directive is unnecesary. The type of namespace name '...' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)". I, previously, made the reference of the project in the solution explorer.
    Thanks in advance for you help.

Hi mugerec,

I guess that your VB.Net library targets a higher .Net Framework version than Wave Engine project (you should have some warnings in Visual Studio related to that), and this is why you are experiencing some "missing" namespace errors.

Anyway, we are only supporting C# right now, if you want to use Wave Engine editor, adding a VB.Net (or any other language different than C#) project to the solution will make Wave Editor build service to fail.

In your case, if you can not migrate the code to a C# library, a possible solution is to generate a DLL from your VB.Net library and add it as reference from Wave Engine launcher project.

Regards.

Comment

Hi mugerec,

Could you share your project or a part of this with us to analyze this issue?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X