Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WaveEngine - Splashscreen

Hey

I created an animated splashscreen for WaveEngine.

http://youtu.be/1LjnDAlxUAE

Do you like it?

Best regards,
    Cross

Hi Cross,

It looks awesome .
    Do you have plans to include it in your games?

Best regards,
    David Ávila

Comment

Looks great!!
      You rock!!

Comment

Hi Cross,

Beautiful!

I'm sure that other users will want to use this.

Comment

Actually, regarding the splash screen, what is required by the legalese? Does it need to be stand alone and by itself? Could it be incorporated with another? Ideally I want to minimize the # of splash screens, and the legal just states "the splash must be shown at the start of the game" which doesn't explain if t MUST be the one provided or it if could be one created like the one shown here.

Comment

Hey Lark!

Welcome to the Wave Engine community!

In regards to your question, Javier Canton, lead programmer of Wave, answered a similar question about a year ago:

Originally posted by JavierCanton View Post
            Hi guys,

I come with good news, we are going to change the license to allow you to modify the splash screen, but it has to contain the WaveEngine logo and each new splash screen modification for now will need to be approved manually, sending it to ( info at waveengine dot net ). After that you could use this new splash screen in your games without breaking our license terms.

What do you think?

Keep in touch!
            I'm not 100% sure if the license changes have been officially implemented, but if you send your proposed splash to the email address mentioned above, they'll review and get back to you pretty quickly.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the reply! I don't have one, it was more of a morbid curiosity. I can just imagine using several resources that have that requirement and end up with 3-4 splashscreens.

Comment

I like it, good job!

Comment

I can just imagine using several resources that have that requirement and end up with 3-4 splashscreens.

Comment

Hi everyone,

Since questions about the default splashscreen are very common, we have added the answer to our new FAQ section:
                    https://waveengine.net/Engine/#faq
                    LICENSE

SHOULD MY GAME SHOW THE DEFAULT SPLASH SCREEN?

No. You can use your own splash screen, but it must meet the terms of use from https://waveengine.net/Company#Legal

" with the only obligation of having to permanently include the Wave Engine Logo at the beginning of the Splash screen of the development.

Valid logos can be found on Wave Engine downloads section. " Hope that helps.

Comment

This job is really cool! Thank you, pal

Comment

Working...
                      X