The story of WAVE Engine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The story of WAVE Engine

Hi, guys. It would be nice to learn about such a great engine like WAVE. Why did you start development of engine, and why is it free? How many people are working on it? Thanks.

Hi kushnirenko,

WaveEngine born 4 years ago as internal project. We had to develop a videogame called ByeByeBrain for mobile devices, but
    there were not an engine focalized and optimized for mobile devices that would cover every feature the project needed to. So we had to develop the game engine to fit the project and fill the hole. WaveEngine engine was published two years ago completely free.

Wave is a PlainConcepts (http://www.plainconcepts.com) spin off company. There are about 15 people involved directly and indirectly in the project.

Regards.

Comment

You, guys, are awesome! I was using Unity3D before and Game Maker 8.1. They are nice but Game Maker was uncomfortable and not free, Unity3D comfortable, but I'm bored of it. I want something new. I started to learn C++ to realize Tiled support and other features, which WAVE already contains. And it's on C# which is more closer to me. Thank you, for making possible to people, get what they want. When I will finish 11 form, I start to learn WAVE more detailed.

Comment

Hi Kushnirenko,

Thank you as part of WaveEngine Team, You can get the source code of the complete integration of Tiled Map in Wave at https://github.com/WaveEngine/Extensions.

Did you sign up for the Visual Editor Beta?

Regards,

Comment

they are nice but Game Maker was uncomfortable and not free, Unity3D comfortable, but I'm bored of it.

Comment

That was pretty interesting! Thanks to kushnirenko for the question and also thanks to the Team for the answers
            Have a nice time posting here

Comment

The story of wave engine is really interesting!

Comment

And this is really great!

Comment

Working...
                X