Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Modify splashscreen & remove it for DEBUG compilation?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modify splashscreen & remove it for DEBUG compilation?

Hello there, yet another question thread about the splashscreen. =)

Modifying the splashscreen
    According to this post http://forum.waveengine.net/forum/ge...=9195#post9195, it seems to be allowed to modify the splashscreen graphics, did I get that right? Of course, only as long as the Wave Engine logo is easily recognizable? I wondered if I could create a dark background for the splash and a flat white logo on top. That would look better in my game.

Removing the splashscreen for DEBUG compilation
    I saw that the splashscreen is fixed to show for 2 seconds. Of course, this is a bit time-stealing in debug compilation when testing the game.
    Is it okay if I put conditional compilation switches around the splash screen code, so it's only run if my custom "NO_WAVE_SPLASH" compilation switch is not set (which would only be there in DEBUG compilation)? Sure, noone could check what I do in debug. I just wondered why this isn't the default, otherwise.

Removing the splashscreen at all times
    This is not allowed yet and violates the software license agreement. Are there any plans for paid licenses to remove it in the future for released games?

Hi Ray,

Welcome to Wave Engine community!

1- Modifying the splashscreen
    Yes, you can adapt splashscreen to your game style, only to the requirement that Wave Engine icon appear.

2- Removing the splashscreen for DEBUG compilation
    Ok, that would not be a problem

3- Removing the splashscreen at all times
    For the moment, We have not a paid license planned, maybe you can add it to our user voice

I hope that you find it useful

Regards!

Comment

Thanks! That are very clear answers =)

Comment

Hi Ray Koopa,

Take in consideration that you can donload an useful amount of logos (several sizes, styles, etc..) in the Download/Extras section in the Wave page:
        http://wave.blob.core.windows.net/$root/WaveEngineLogo.zip

Best regards,
        David Ávila

Comment

Working...
        X