X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to launch WaveEditor

Hi All,

Just installed Wave Engine 2.0 and Wave Editor icon was added to my desktop.
    I am not able to run it however. I have installed the prerequisites already as described on the download page.
    Running windows 10 .

Please help.

Hi Nish26,

We need more information about error. Can you check event viewer windows tool?

Open Event viewer step by step:

1 - Press the keys (Windows key + r)
    2 - Write "eventvwr" on run prompt

RunEventViewer.png

Inside Event viewer you can see the applications logs
    Windows Logs-> Applicaion

EventViewer.png

On top table you can see the last errors. I hope that you find it useful

I look forward to your answer.

Regards!

Comment

Here is what I have in the event viewer after trying to launch WaveEditor.exe (it's in french, sorry)

wave01.jpg

wave02.jpg

I hope this helps.

Comment

Hi Globoups,

Acoording to the log, editor not found a gtk dlls in your system. This is a GTKSharp library that Editor use to render panels and controls.

1 Step: Check that you have GTKSharp libraries installed on your system. Usually installed on "C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkSharp\2.12\bin", Then if you don't have GTKSharp libraries installed on your system you can download and install from here.

2 Step: If you have GTKSharp libraries on your system then you need to add GTKSharp library to enviroment path variable.
        Path=...C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkSharp\2.12\bin;...

Step 1 and step 2 must be performed by the GTKSharp installer automatically but for some reason seems to be failing in your system.

I hope that you find it useful
        Regards!

Comment

Thanks for your reply Jorgemagic

Still not working. I already tried step 1 and step 2 seems ok.
          wave03.jpg

Also I tried to reinstall directX and visual C++ redistributable.
          .NET Framework 4.0 and 4.5 refuse to reinstall as they find an up to date version on the system.
          Last edited by Globoups; 09-15-2015, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Same here, I have same stuff:
            Application: WaveEditor.exe
            Framework Version: v4.0.30319
            Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
            Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException
            Stack:
            at Gtk.Application.gtk_init(Int32 ByRef, IntPtr ByRef)
            at Gtk.Application.Init()
            at WaveEditor.MainClass.Main(System.String[])

Even if i reinstall GTK and add to environment PATH still no success.

Comment

I solved it, you need to uninstall GTK# first and also all version of GTK#, if you have version 3.0 too, then install it from zero, that worked for me.

Comment

Solved it to... I only had to uninstall Xamarin. I really can't stand this IDE, all it does well is to create problems .

Anyway, thank you for your help.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I'm glad that the problems have been solved, we will considerr these issues for next release installers.

Thanks for your feedback!

Comment

Got it working. Had to uninstall GTK and Wave both . Restarted laptop and installed GTK again followed by Wave.

Comment

Same here, I tried everything.
                      I tried to uninstall GTK and Wave both, restarted the PC and installed GTK followed by Wave.
                      I have xamarin on my pc, but i want keep it.

Comment

Bollado,
                        try of run WaveEditor.exe directly from the location , not from a shortcut.
                        I created a shortcut and WaveEditor.exe crashes from it, but it run well from the location (folder)
                        I have this problem but now I can run the editor.

Comment

Hi Mario3D,

Usually when you don't run a program outside of working directory then you need to add some libraries to PATH enviroment variable.

I think that you need to add GTKSharp library to enviroment path variable.
                          Path=...C:\Program Files (x86)\GtkSharp\2.12\bin;...

I hope that you find it useful
                          Regards!

Comment

Hi Jorgemagic

I know about this and the enviroment path variable is set correctly.

When I installed Waveengine, the folder shortcuts was empty. I think it must be a problem (created by the installer or Windows) with the permissions of the folder and then the shortcuts are not created in it by the installer. Then I manually created shortcuts in it, and the problem to run the "WaveEditor.exe" continued.
                            When yesterday I changed the permissions of that folder created by the installer the problem disappeared.

Regards.
                            Last edited by Mario3D; 09-17-2015, 09:09 PM.

Comment

I have the same problem and still can't fix it.
                              I checked the path variables and the the libraries. Both seem to be fine.
                              Xamarin is not installed on this system, so it shouldn't be affecting anything.
                              I also reinstalled wave engine and gtk. Sadly, with no positive results.

And this is what event viewer says:

Exception Info: System.DllNotFoundException
                              Stack:
                              at Gtk.Application.gtk_init(Int32 ByRef, IntPtr ByRef)
                              at Gtk.Application.Init()
                              at WaveEditor.MainClass.Main(System.String[])

I also tried to debug using Visual Studio:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.DllNotFoundException' occurred in gtk-sharp.dll
                              Additional information: Unable to load DLL 'libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll': The specified procedure could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007F)

libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll can't be found, however it clearly is located in the bin folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X