openal32.dll System.DllNotFoundException

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• openal32.dll System.DllNotFoundException

I am using the just released freya version of elementaryOS.

I'm getting a missing dll when I try to run my test project. I already added the following dll's:

//WaveEngineLinux.Adapter.dll
    //WaveEngineLinux.Common.dll
    //WaveEngineLinux.Framework.dll

and

//WaveEngineLinux.Common.dll
    //WaveEngineLinux.Components.dll
    //WaveEngineLinux.Framework.dll
    //WaveEngineLinux.Materials.dll

Code:
    Unhandled Exception:
    System.DllNotFoundException: openal32.dll
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) OpenTK.Audio.OpenAL.Alc:OpenDevice (string)
      at WaveEngine.OpenGL.SoundManager..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at WaveEngine.Adapter.Adapter..ctor (Int32 screenWidth, Int32 screenHeight, OpenTK.GameWindow view) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at WaveEngine.Adapter.Application.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at HelloWave.Program.Main () [0x00009] in /home/fonseca/workspace Monodevelop/HelloWave/HelloWave/Program.cs:13 
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.DllNotFoundException: openal32.dll
      at (wrapper managed-to-native) OpenTK.Audio.OpenAL.Alc:OpenDevice (string)
      at WaveEngine.OpenGL.SoundManager..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at WaveEngine.Adapter.Adapter..ctor (Int32 screenWidth, Int32 screenHeight, OpenTK.GameWindow view) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at WaveEngine.Adapter.Application.Run () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at HelloWave.Program.Main () [0x00009] in /home/fonseca/workspace Monodevelop/HelloWave/HelloWave/Program.cs:13 
    The application was terminated by a signal: SIGHUP
    Any help?

Hi Fonseca,

Did you noticed if in the application output folder (generally in bin/Debug) exist the followinf files:
    - OpenTK.dll.config
    - SdlDotNet.dll.config
    - Tao.Sdl.dll.config

You are using a virtual machine or you are trying in a host machine?

Best regards,
    David Ávila

Comment

Hi, many thanks for your awnser!

I don't have any .config files in the debug folder and I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I am running this in my host machine.

Comment

Hi Fonseca,

I've attached a zip file that contains all .config files that Wave apps need to execute properly.

You can try to uncompress it in your output folder and check if the app run ok?

Best regards,
        David Ávila
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello, you should update your DirectX for the start, or download missed file from http://fix4dll.com/openal32_dll I had the same problem and just insert new .dll file into the right directory follows the instruction. Hope you'll solve your problem. Good luck.

Comment

Hi SamLee13, thanks for the response and solving this slippery .dll!

Comment

If you are faing the problem of dll file is not working in the system then you can again easily download openal32.dll this file and then you can solve your issue.
              Dowload OpenAL32.dll | Fix corrupt or missing OpenAL32.dll error easily in single step using automatic dll finder and installer at Unfitpc.com.

Comment

Working...
              X