Window size changes ignored on Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window size changes ignored on Linux

I took the sample application and implemented keyboard controls to translate the camera. I noticed that the viewport was cut off at a particular location. Further investigation suggests that WaveEngine stubbornly believes that the viewport size is forever stuck at the original requested size. It doesn't scale the image (which I wouldn't want anyway, but would be reasonably expected from the API) and just cuts everything off beyond the original dimensions.

See http://ikeran.org/images/cutoff.png. Note that the cube is cut off on the right side. The same effect happens on top but is slightly more difficult to see with my example code.

There appears to be no way to resize the display after initialization.

This may be because of my use of an abnormal window manager; will investigate. It is, however, worrying that I cannot take the engine by the scruff of the neck when it's misbehaving.

I originally tested with a tiling window manager, spectrwm. (Tiling window managers are awesome but tend to break applications.) Testing under a traditional window manager, namely MATE, produced the same results.

When I extract the underlying OpenTK.GameWindow from the Application class using reflection, I find that it has updated its ClientSize property appropriately, but WaveEngine never realizes this.

WaveEngine version: 1.4.2
    Platform: Linux Mint 17; uname -a => Linux nyarlahotep 3.13.0-24-generic #47-Ubuntu SMP Fri May 2 23:30:00 UTC 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comment

The values used for cutoffs are the ones initially passed as Application.Height and Application.Width. Altering those values subsequently does nothing. Calling ViewportManager.Activate with different values seems to do nothing -- I'm guessing it's idempotent and called automatically.
      Last edited by dhasenan; 12-24-2014, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Hi dhasenan,

Thanks for your support discovering issues in Linux. We will investigate this problem as soon as possible.

Best regards, and happy new year
        David Ávila

Comment

Dear users,

In the next Wave Engine release that feature will be included. So you can resize and turn to fullscreen your Linux game

Thanks for your patience
          David Ávila

Comment

Working...
          X