X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• icewind
    started a topic Wave license question

Wave license question

Hi. Really inspired with WaveEngine. I want to use it in my new small project. I have read your license agreement and i have a question about splash screen. Can i modify it? Lets say change color, or add some texture? I don't mind to show splash but I want it to be in a same style as a whole game.

Also can I ask you for further plans about monetization? For now Wave is free. Is there a chance it price becomes a thousands dollars per developer? Unity3D is quite expensive, for example.

• JavierCanton
    replied
    Hi,

Ultrahead
    Actually all platforms use a static splash, and a static splash is the best option on some platforms like iOS where the OS does it automatically without code in the application. I will note it in our roadmap.

John
    As we said on this post http://forum.waveengine.net/forum/ge...=3413#post3413, yes.

Regards,

Leave a comment:

• John
    replied
    I'd also like to ask, if we change splash screen from the normal wave one to the Title but we include a 'Made By Wave' logo on the bottom right, would that be legal?

Leave a comment:

• Ultrahead
    replied
    One question: is there any way to remove the default initial screen (the one that shows the Wave image) on Android and iOS in order to replace it with the custom one?

On Windows is easy but there is seems no way to do it on Android/iOS. On my case I am not using a static screen but a whole set of animations that Shows my brand (and here it is were I will also show Wave's logo).

Leave a comment:

• Ultrahead
    replied
    Great, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• JavierCanton
    replied
    Hi Ultrahead,

We are changing a little bit our logo, it will be in our website this week.

You can download this new logo version in different sizes from the extra section at: http://waveengine.net/Download/Index

I hope that helps
    WaveDownload is a section for your downloads

Leave a comment:

• Ultrahead
    replied
    Where can I find a png file of the white logo of WaveEngine with a transparent background? (with a good resolution)

Leave a comment:

• Ultrahead
    replied
    Great news, indeed!

Leave a comment:

• luissagasta
    replied
    Great news!!

I will not usually modify the splash screen but it is a requirement for some special projects.

Thank you for your consideration.

Regards.

Leave a comment:

• chujzauras
    replied
    That would be very awesome! Looking forward for the update!

Leave a comment:

• Kapocius
    replied
    Originally posted by JavierCanton View Post
    Hi guys,

I come with good news, we are going to change the license to allow you to modify the splash screen, but it has to contain the WaveEngine logo and each new splash screen modification for now will need to be approved manually, sending it to ( info at waveengine dot net ). After that you could use this new splash screen in your games without breaking our license terms.

What do you think?

Keep in touch!

Yes, that would be quite nice, would help to blend in with the theme

Leave a comment:

• JavierCanton
    replied
    Hi guys,

I come with good news, we are going to change the license to allow you to modify the splash screen, but it has to contain the WaveEngine logo and each new splash screen modification for now will need to be approved manually, sending it to ( info at waveengine dot net ). After that you could use this new splash screen in your games without breaking our license terms.

What do you think?

Keep in touch!

Leave a comment:

• luissagasta
    replied
    Hello.

I think it would be very interesting for a project that I am considering. It isn't a game but Wave engine would be a really good option to make it.
    I would appreciate if Wave logo could be integrated into main screen. Another possibility would be to create a paying license to allow removing the Wave logo.

​Regards.

Leave a comment:

• JavierCanton
    replied
    Hi everyone,

I'm going to move this aspect about license internally with your feedback.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Ultrahead
    replied
    I have asked the same question before (by email) but to put in either on the main menu scene or the credits scene of the game (even with a link to WaveEngine site). The answer was the same. I hope you guys reconsider it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X