Noesis GUI white panel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noesis GUI white panel

Hi, just having a look through the new 2.4 release and trying to get to grips with Noesis. I have loaded the sample, and followed the blog tutorial but I only get white panels in the simulator.

Do I have to install something else, like the Noesis GUI SDK?

Thanks.

Simon

Just to add to this, Simulator displays white panels, Build and Run fails, but building via visual studio seems to work without adding any additional libraries.

Comment

Hi there!

Just to clarify, do you get white panels in the sample too, or just in the project you make when following the tutorial? If it's the latter, could you please provide a copy of the project you made where you see the white panels?

By the way, you don't have to install external tools. The provided NuGet packages are enough.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi! I have tried the Mars sample and the tutorial in the blog. I have also now tried Wave and the Mars sample on a new machine. The first machine is behind a firewall/proxy so could wave editor have issues with getting the nuget packages when doing a full build?

On the new machine I get the following...

In the Mars sample I only get white panels when wave editor is in simulation. When I build and run through wave editor it now works. And as before, building and running through Visual Studio works. The blog tutorial (linked) says "Now you can press the Simulate button and interact with the panel." so I assumed it would work in simulation mode too.

Thanks,

Simon

2017-08-28.png

Comment

Hello again!

Sorry, I have not been able to reproduce the error on my side.

Can you copy the whole console log when you load the project in the editor? You can also see a more complete log if you click the menu option Help > Open Logs, which will open a folder with the file WaveEditor.exe_EventLog.txt. Please provide as much log info as possible.

Also, do you see white panels when on normal editing mode too? The panel should be visible there as well.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
            Hi, just having a look through the new 2.4 release and trying to get to grips with Noesis. I have loaded the sample, and followed the blog tutorial but I only get white panels in the simulator.

Do I have to install something else, like the Noesis GUI SDK?

Thanks.

Simon
            I've stumbled upon the same issue.
            Panel white as the snow.

P.S. I can add the log later, if the topic starter wouldn't upload it earlier.
            Last edited by FelicitasArp; 08-30-2017, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Hello there!

We were able to reproduce the issue on our side. In the WaveEditor console, you should see an error stating that the NoesisService didn't find the Noesis.dll file.

We have a workaround for this problem. First, add the WaveEngine.NoesisGUI NuGet package to the Windows solution using Visual Studio. Then, copy the contents of <your solution directory>/WaveEngine.NoesisGUI.<version>/build/net45/NoesisGUI/ into <your WaveEditor directory>/NativeLibraries/, creating the folder if it doesn't exist.

That should solve the issue until we release a fix. Thanks for reporting the problem! Please tell us if that worked.

Comment

hello !

I had the same problem and it worked for my, adding NoesisGui package in my solution using Visual Studio 2017.

Thanks and regards from Seville !!!

Comment

Hello there ArisDG !

What is the version of WaveEngine that you installed? This should be fixed in the current version, which is 2.4.1. If that's the one you installed, please tell us so we can further check the problem.

Thanks for your post! And regards from Seville too

Comment

Hello @Minolo!

I have installed the current version, 2.4.1 but my Windows 10 is an insider version.

Regards !!!
                    Last edited by ArisDG; 03-14-2018, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much for your feedback ArisDG ! We will look further into the issue.

Comment

Working...
                      X