Having raw textures, models, etc used to make the demo wpk files would help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having raw textures, models, etc used to make the demo wpk files would help

I understand why there is a need for a consistent file format. However, there are many questions, like what size of image or is it possible to use a sprite sheet that are probably easier to answer by example. These could even be "replacement" resources with models, textures, etc. that you don't care about. The point isn't the art it is how to use it with the engine.

In general the Wave Engine is very impressive, but it is the little details that byte.

(disclaimer: not promising anything here )

So, you think it would be interesting in the demos that not only we provide the .wpk files, but that we also provide the original assets and the exporter project that generates the final .wpk, am I right?

Comment

Yes, that could be very helpful, for two main reasons.

1) For understanding the export tool and verifying it is correctly being used.
      2) Some techniques could be much clearer. (Not sure if they really apply for wave, but I've used sprite sheets a lot)

Comment

Ok, I'm taking notes on this for when we go back to improve the Samples Browser (fix problems with some samples, add new ones...).

Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Working...
        X