Problem with "Hello World" -- Build/Compile Keeps Failing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with "Hello World" -- Build/Compile Keeps Failing

I am running on VS Ultimate 2013, Framework 4.5 installed, Version 2.2.1 of Wave Engine...

When I try to follow the initial instructions for My First Application, I get tons of errors. Any ideas what is happening here?

This is the beginning of the console log where the errors start:
    09 Jul 2016 15:36:19,854 ERROR - ROSLYNSERVICE | FAIL to compile project: C:\Users\Edward\Desktop\WaveEditorProjects\HelloWo rld\Project1\Launchers\Windows\Project1.csproj
    C:\Users\Edward\Desktop\WaveEditorProjects\HelloWo rld\Project1\Launchers\Windows\Properties\Assembly Info.cs(9,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AssemblyTitleAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    C:\Users\Edward\Desktop\WaveEditorProjects\HelloWo rld\Project1\Launchers\Windows\Properties\Assembly Info.cs(9,12): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AssemblyTitle' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I even see errors about the system not defining strings and booleans?

C:\Users\Edward\Desktop\WaveEditorProjects\HelloWo rld\Project1\Launchers\Windows\Properties\Assembly Info.cs(15,28): error CS0518: Predefined type 'System.String' is not defined or imported
    C:\Users\Edward\Desktop\WaveEditorProjects\HelloWo rld\Project1\Launchers\Windows\Properties\Assembly Info.cs(24,23): error CS0518: Predefined type 'System.Boolean' is not defined or imported

Has anyone else seen this?

Thank you!

Hi there!

From Wave Engine 2.0 Roslyn is needed, (you have to go to Vs2013 update 4 to get roslyn, or get VS2015)

please check the prerequisites for more info!!
    https://github.com/WaveEngine/Docume...#prerequisites

Keep us posted if your troubles continue!

Comment

Working...
    X